Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Flight Schedule Change"...not an email you want to receive

Buenas!
So, the above is what I found in my email inbox first thing this morning.  I won't be a drama queen about it because it's really not that big of a deal.  However, being informed that your flight from Madrid to Seville is now leaving 3 hours later than planned kinda sucks.  Taking a train would probably be faster, but I'm already scheduled on the flight so I'm going to stick with it.  So now instead of arriving in Seville at 9:50AM, I'm not arriving until 12:50PM.  I'm sure it'll be fine but it's going to take some planning to pull this off without going insane from lack of sleep.  Maybe I'll take a teensy dose of one of my sleeping pills so I can sleep on my long trans-Atlantic flight.  We'll see.  That coupled with it being middle of the night PST when I arrive in Madrid may be a recipe for disaster.  I'm also going to try to book a spot in a hostel in advance so I'm not left to traipse around Seville in a sleep deprived trance.

Anyway, the journey is part of the fun!  I'm down to 25 days of work left in this gig!  It's insane thinking of it that way but there you go!  I'm getting to the point where I really have to tell my boss.  Ugh.  Given that he's the first manager I've worked for who is really good at what he does (no micro-managing, or deceit from him), it actually feels a little weird to be quitting.  I mean yes I'm not terribly fond of customer service, but I work with cool people.  Our office is not perfect, but I have friends here and enjoy having people make me laugh after I deal with a crappy customer.  So I'll miss the people here, but not the tough job itself.  I think my last day will be July 14th.  I'm not positive though because I'm going fishing the weekend of July 15-17th and I may need a few more days to get everything done before I leave.  Gotta look at my calendar and make a decision.

Nothing else to report here.  Things are going well.  I'm looking forward to some more warm weather and fun in the sun!

Besitos y abrazos,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment