Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hostel is booked!

Hola!

One more thing is done of my looooong list of things that must be done in preparation for Spain.  I did my homework and researched the hostels that are listed in my travel books.  What I discovered is that one of them in particular is almost perfect for my needs!  I promptly booked myself a room there and for a really good deal, got a single room for 2 nights.  I figure that I'm going to be up at all hours due to jet lag, so may as well not disturb others.  Besides, the price I am paying is actually less than or equal to what Meg and I paid in one of the hostels last summer, and we had to share the room with 4 other women!  So, I'm pretty excited!  This place has free wi-fi in the lobby and A/C.  It's in a quiet neighborhood, about 15 min from the sights of Seville (still not entirely sure what those are besides the obligatory cathedral).  I'm sure my room will be about the size of a stride rite shoe box, but I'm fine with that.  It's only 2 nights.  Then, I'll move into an apartment with people in my class.

Those first few days in Seville promise to be nerve-wracking, but hopefully exciting too.  I've learned about myself that I do enjoy time on my own to explore and wonder through new places.  I'm going to need a map ASAP because anyone who knows me knows that I have limited directional sense.  Oh ok, fine.  I have no directional sense.  At least in Seattle, if I know which body of water I'm near and where exactly it is, I know which direction I'm going.

That's the update for now!  I'm down to 12.5 days of work left at ExOfficio!  Crazy, but true.  Time is a flyin'.  I just hope there will be time to do everything I want to before it's time to leave.  I'm sure packing will be a total time suck.  It always is when it comes to moving or packing for a trip.  And I've got to do both.  At least I'm loaning most of my living room furniture to Jess, so there's less furniture to move out.  If anyone wants a nightstand or small bookshelf, let me know!

Besitos y abrazos,
Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment