Saturday, August 27, 2011

Done with TEFL course and on to searching for work!

Hola!

Como estan ustedes?  I'm happy to report that I finished my TEFL course and now have my certification in TESOL.  I can't believe how fast the month has flown by!  It's crazy how it feels like I've been gone a long time but how at the same time, the course flew by.  It was a lot of work and I had a really tough time with the grammar test...long story.  However, I made it and I'm done now!

We went out last night to celebrate being done and got a little "weird" as my friend Kyle would say.  The Spaniards are night owls and they keep the sangria coming!  Some of our spanish students who we taught our practice English lessons to came with us.  It was fun to hang out with them and practice my Spanish.  One of them and I are going to try to meet up for intercambio (interchange?), where we spend part of the time talking in English and part in Spanish.  This way we can help each other learn and have new friends.  So I've got a few intercambios lined up now with our English students.  This should be good!

What else?  I have to say it's bittersweet to be done because some of my classmates will be leaving and I'll miss them a lot!  Our little group will shrink but at least some folks are sticking around and my friend Amy will be back in a few weeks so I'm happy about that.  It's so nice to be done with homework and studying!

My next steps are to look for jobs and do some traveling.  Tomorrow I'm going to head back to the beach for some r & r.  Probably we'll go to Cadiz but maybe to Huelva.  Then, I'm going to head to Madrid at some point this week to see the amazing things there that I've been wanting to see for so long.  It costs a lot more to take the fast train there than the bus, but the bus is like 6 hours.  I don't want to spend that much time on a bus!  I'll have to check with Rosa and Carlo for advice and look online.  Johanna told me about the fast trains so I made take that option.  Or maybe I'll fly if that's cheaper?  Not sure.  I am hoping to meet Maria while there.  She's a close friend of Kendal and Kmbris's (friends of mine in Seattle) and it would be awesome to have someone to grab a bit to eat with in the evening.  Am waiting to hear back from her.

Things are well here in general.  I feel much better than I was feeling last week and am excited to see more of Spain soon.  For now I'm staying at Rosa's.  She gave me some advice this morning and it seems it might be hard to find a place to rent month to month.  I will be here for Sept and then we'll see where I go after that.  My friend Carrie will be in Granada as of tomorrow, so I'll probably venture over there to see her.  Also, Kyle and I may head up to Barcelona because he wants to visit his friend there and I want to do the things that I ran out of time for before (and Meg, I'll head back to Stoke!).  Ryanair, I hate you but I love you for being cheap.  Lastly but not leastly, Megan and Brian will hopefully come here to see me soon or I'll go back to Germany to see them!  Not sure when, but I am REALLY excited to see them after so long!

That's it for now.  I'm missing home a lot but am also really excited to be here and see more of Spain.  It's kind of a weird feeling.  I won't lie, I miss a special someone back home a lot.  And as pathetic as it is, I miss my kitty!  After hearing that Catita (my 6 year old cousin) wanted to talk to her favorite auntie (me!) yesterday when she was sad from being bullied at her camp, I am missing my family a bit.  Had good talks with my parents and Auntie Debbie a few days ago so that was really nice.  Everyone seems to be doing fine. Mom is busy getting ready to start teaching full time!

Sorry that got long!  That's it for now.  I posted pics on facebook yesterday so check them out if you would like.  Be well everyone!

<3, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment