Friday, July 1, 2011

27 days until Spain!

Saludos!

Wow!  So only 5.5 days left at ExO (counting today).  I can't believe it!  It's been a ride, that's for sure.  Customer service has taught me a lot and I am glad to have had the opportunity to hone my listening skills, dealing with upset people skills, and not taking it personally skills.  I will not miss the early mornings and long hours in front of a computer though.  I don't think a job like this is quite my calling because I really miss being up and about all day, like you have to be with teaching.  Working at a computer and being on the phone all day is a different kind of tired than teaching...still tiring but more mentally than physically.  Anyway, I'm happy to be moving on to a new adventure.  I'll miss my coworkers, and the free clothes, but it's time for a positive change.

So I keep trying to decide when it will be the proper time to pack up my apartment.  Now?  in 2 weeks?  My plan has been to purge little by little so that when I do pack, it will literally just mean putting stuff in boxes, rather than throwing stuff out and packing all at once.  So far this plan seems to be working, as I've gotten rid of a bunch more clothes (things just don't fit the way they used to!) and I'm trying not to be sentimental about stuff I truly don't need.  It's hard because I do like my stuff, but I am becoming aware of random odds and ends that I probably don't need.  Plus, my new rule is that if I haven't used it in a year or so, I'm probably not going to and it needs to go (sorry "Friends" trivia game).  I don't want to move any more stuff than I absolutely have to!  Little by little, progress is being made on The Big Move.

Well, soon this blog will be a whole lot more exciting because I'll be writing to you from Sunny Spain!  Or rather, Sunny Sevilla, Spain.  How's that for alliteration?  For now, it's a little on the blah side.  I need to teach myself how to add pictures and such.  All in good time!

Happy 4th of July and happy summer!
Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment