Friday, July 8, 2011

Sevilla here I come!

Hola!

Well, plans are being finalized for Spain!  The admin woman for my course has been in touch with me and given me more information.  Seems I'll actually be able to get into my housing on the Saturday before class instead of Sunday.  I already paid for my hostel so I guess I may just lose out on the money for the second night.  When I booked the room, you had to book it for 2 nights at a time and so I did because the first bit of info I was given said I could not get into my housing until Sunday. 

In an email I received yesterday morning, I learned several new things.  One is that there are only 6 of us enrolled in the course!  This could be really nice or it could kinda suck.  All depends on how well we mesh as a group.  I want friends!!  Hopefully whoever I room with (yup, that's another thing-we don't get our own bedrooms...so much for that plan) will be cool.  And hopefully everyone will be because apparently the 6 of us are sharing a house together.  I'm actually pretty excited about that!  I've not done that since summer 2005, which was the worst summer ever, but not because of my roommates.  My roommates that summer were just fine.  As I recall, the only thing that made me mad was when one of them helped himself to the scones I had just baked and I only got to eat one of them!  That's not a big deal really.  No, that summer was tough because my grandfathers had both just passed away that spring and I was living in Tacoma to do some classes at PLU.  My roomies were gone a lot and I was lonely and missing my grandpas.

Anyway, I digress.  I'm really excited for this new adventure and a little sad about leaving Seattle.  I started to do some packing last night and it just felt surreal.  Mostly, I'm just trying to pack my apartment up early so it's not so stressful at the end. 

So maybe some of you who read this have 2 cents for me about an option I just found out about.  Apparently I can choose the option of paying 260 euros to have breakfast and lunch provided for me each day during the month of my class.  I'm trying to decide if I should do this or not.  So naturally, I've created a pro/con list.  Here it is:

Pros:
Less grocery shopping during a time when I won't have much free time.
Won't have to think about finding food so much.

Cons:
Costs a lot and won't get my money's worth (I'm a small eater)
If my classmates aren't on it, it would feel awkward...but same if they're ALL on it and I'm not.
May not get to eat what I like/prefer

I'm really leaning towards not doing it because I think I could eat breakfast and lunch for under the 10 euros a day that the plan would cost.  Still, I wonder if my classmates will all opt for it.  Help me out here folks!

That's it for now.  I'm finishing up my job at ExOfficio.  My last day will be Tuesday the 12th.  I can't believe it!  It will be nice to take a few weeks off before I leave though.  Fishing and backpacking are coming up amidst trying to see friends and pack up.  Life is good!

Besos y abrazos,
Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment