Sunday, July 31, 2011

International health insurance and heat rash

Hello again!
Well, I learned today that Sevilla is the hottest city in Europe.  I believe it!  After spending all afternoon in the sun visiting some sights (cathedral, alcazars-muslim influenced palacial ruins), I seem to have heat rash on my arms and legs.  So attractive it is :(  My new friend/roomie Amy gave me some after sun cream and we have the A/C turned up high so hopefully I'll look less hideous tomorrow.  Ugh.  This is a drag since it's gonna be in the 90s all month.  I will be in school all day though so I'll stay well.  It's scorching hot here!  The Seattlegirl is not used to hot weather!  

So Amy and I visited the Alcazar today and it was so enormous!  It was really cool to see all that arab influenced stuff.  There were baths and gardens and lots of rooms that had been used for various things.  I poked around the cathedral a bit too before heading back.  It was cool but as cathedrals go, if you've seen one, you've kinda seen them all.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to head to the soccer stadium after class.  I am dying to get a FC Sevilla scarf!

Lastly, I've been doing research on international health insurance.  I know that my landlords-who are more like a host family-will accompany me to the doc if anything happens and that it won't cost me too much, but I'd feel better if I had something.  Yes, I know, I should have taken care of this before I left but I didn't do it.  So if any of you have ideas, please help!

Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment