Friday, May 13, 2011

So much to do, so little time

Well, for someone who's got free time at work, I'm certainly not doing an excellent job of updating this!  Life has been hectic lately.  I went from leaving my schedule very open to being busy almost every night.  It's too much.  I'm going a little insane never getting a night to myself.  However, I like seeing friends and babysitting and doing church stuff so it's hard to figure out what to give up.  I think I just need to mark certain days as "busy" and not commit to anything then so I can at least have a couple nights open each week.  Working long days makes you really want to just be home at night.  I think I'm also feeling that final push towards the finish line at work as Sevilla is nearing.  I will be there in 2.5 months!

What else?  I'm really craving a vacation or even just a staycation.  I just really need a day off to do something fun and relaxing like get a facial or lay out in the sun (if it ever gets warm here).  I volunteered last Saturday for 4 hours and then went straight to watch soccer so didn't get any time to just "be".  Of course I say this and then I'm bored in like .2 seconds of not having something scheduled!  Tomorrow is wide open and I'm leaving it that way.  I am looking forward to Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July weekend.  At least having a few 3 day weekends will be nice.  I'm also going to double check and see how many vacation hours I've got.  I might take a long weekend in June sometime.

Sooo, I think my being really tired is making this entry kind of boring.  I really don't have a ton of stuff to report on though.  Things are good.  I sent in my official deposit for Sevilla and have secured my seat in the class, so that's really happening!  There are some things to figure out though. 

I've got to figure out when I've leaving and get a plane ticket.  I'd love to go over a week early and hang out in Spain and get to know the city and stuff.  So that needs to be determined soon...whether I do that or not depends on if I can convince anyone to come with me.  Plus, there's the whole round trip or one way ticket.  I'd rather buy a round trip because it's cheaper in the long run, but it's hard for a few reasons.  One is that I have no idea how long I'll be there.  I might be gone 3 months and I might be gone 7 or 8 months.  It really depends on how it's going with finding work and just how happy I am there.  Also, I don't know if I can buy a round trip ticket for several months in advance when my tourist visa will have run out by then (in other words, I won't be there legally).  And I don't know who to go to with these questions because I don't know anyone who's done just this.  I'd like to try and use my frequent flyer miles but that may not be an option due to buying my ticket late and because I think that I can only use them on a round trip ticket.  I keep putting all this off, but I've never bought a ticket so close to leaving like this and it's starting to make me really nervous.  I want to get a ticket already!  Hopefully in the next few weeks that part will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment