Friday, May 6, 2011

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

Well the decision has been made!  I'm going to Sevilla for the TEFL course through TEFL International.  They seem to be a well refuted organization that has been around for a while.  I've been in communication with a consultant there for a month or so and he's been pretty helpful.  Actually, I applied with 2 organizations (as I think I mentioned in an earlier post) and the other one would have been my top choice just due to how kind and personable their people were, however-their course cost quite a bit more because it's CELTA instead of TEFL.  CELTA is associated with Cambridge college in the UK and that's cool but to me it's worth it to save the $500.  So I have to tell them I'm going with someone else.  I actually feel a little guilty doing that after they've been so nice!

So Sevilla!!!!!!!!!!  Wow, it's becoming a reality that I have to tell my boss I'm quitting in the next few weeks.  I want to give him like sufficient notice because he'll need some time to replace the wonderful lady that is me.  My last day will be sometime towards the end of July.

Nothing else new to report here.  I'm so tired.  Had a crazy day yesterday with work and soccer and getting stuck in traffic.  There was a bad accident on the Ballard Bridge and of course it was the first time in like forever that I didn't just stay on 99 and took the bridge instead.  It took me an hour and a half to get home!  I work 6.5 miles from home.  People: there's a reason they tell us not to speed or merge lanes on the bridge.  Multi-car accidents are not cool :( 

We were late for soccer because I got home at 5:55 and was supposed to be meeting my friend at 6:05 to carpool.  Oh well.  The game was good overall.  I'm starting to realize which guys pass to girls and which guys do not.  A few of them are awesome about it and have no qualms about passing to girls.  Others are not.  One even took the ball from me instead of breaking away for me to pass it to him upfield.  I was so miffed I didn't even know how to react.  Last night I got maybe 2 passes the entire 2nd half and I was wide open most of the time!  Yet, they would look, see me wide open, and then pass to someone else.  That was really degrading.  I can work on being more vocal and calling for the ball but I don't really get these guys acting like girls are inferior when they are choosing to play on a co-ed team.  It's their CHOICE to play with us!  They can be on an all guys team if they want to.  Anyway, off my soapbox.  Most of the guys on my team seem really nice and I've become friends with a few of them.  Even shared a beer with one last night ;-).  We had a little mini cinco de mayo party after the game.   

All for now,
Tu Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment