Monday, May 2, 2011

Sevilla bound?

Saludos!

Wow...I am not on top on this blogging thing at all lately!  La vida es bien ocupada.  Even when trying not to be overly busy, I keep getting too booked up.  Sigh.  One day I'll get it under control.  For now, I'm living for the free time I get on weekends.  Until you work in the corporate world of 9 hour work days + commute, and almost no time off, you really don't realize how hard it is to manage.  You just don't have any time for anything besides working, sleeping, eating, and exercising.  I'm trying to get used to it but I am not going to lie-I'm really looking forward to quitting my job and going to Spain. 

So on to more important stuff-I may be going to Seville or Sevilla as se escribe en espanol.  There are a few reasons for this.  It's funny because I was so set on Barcelona but now I'm thinking it may be Sevilla after all.  I looked at my compare/contrast of Barcelona and Sevilla in this this post and then considered information I've gathered since then.  Mostly I've learned that work prospects are better in Sevilla.  Also, every time I've mentioned Barcelona to someone, they've said it's not "real" Spain.  While I know all about Catalunya and respect it as being different than other areas, it is still part of Spain!  Still, I can't help but let those comments affect me a little. 

Also, I like the idea of being in a city that is "real" Spain in the sense that it has traditional aspects of Spanish culture (food, Spanish guitar, flamenco, Don Quijote, etc.).  So maybe I'm going to Andalucia?!  Andalucia is different from Catalunya in that it has the Moorish influence of Africa and the accent of Spanish spoken there is quite unique.  I'm a little nervous that my accent is going to become too Spanish and not enough Mexican upon my return if I go there, but at the same time, I don't think it'll matter too much in the long run.  I liked Barca because I've been there and know the city a bit, but I know I could get to know a new city in time and seeing a new place would be really cool!

I am still not 100% sure what decision I will make because I was very set on Barcelona before.  I want to let Sevilla sink it for a few days and see how I feel then.  I'm starting to get very aware of the fact that I could be quitting my job in just over 2 months!  It also freaks me out that I'll ultimately buy a plane ticket at the last minute.  I'm such a planner that this gives me some anxiety but it also seems like it's just going to have to be this way. 

Nothing else new in my life.  That's it for now!

Hasta pronto,
Tu Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment