Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring has sprung in Seattle!

Hello!

Spring has sprung in Seattle!  Anyone who lives in Seattle knows that spring means it can be raining one minute and sunny the next.  It's been a little crazy like that lately.  The other week I timed it perfectly, running every other day because the 2 days I ran were sunny and the days I didn't were rainy.  On one of those runs, I was running down a residential street with apparently a lot of people who have green thumbs.  The flowers were all in bloom and were so colorful and pretty.  I could even smell lilacs and I don't know what else in the air.  It was so nice to be outdoors on a bright afternoon, smelling the sweet aroma of flowers!  This street in particular was just gorgeous.  I'm so ready for some warm weather, and yes that means I'm awaiting an 80 degree day!  To me, 80 is nice and warm!

What else?  Life has continued to be busy.  I counted and it's like 10 nights in a row that I've committed to something.  Yes, some of these times are just hanging out with people, but it still brought awareness to me about slowing down and making time to do stuff that needs to get done.  I have a list of stuff to do for Spain.  Most of it can wait but not all.  I'm yet to purchase my plane ticket because I'm trying to find answers to the following questions:
  1. Can I buy round trip even if I'm not there totally legally? 
  2. Should I buy one way or round trip?
  3. If I buy round trip, how much would it cost to change the departure date if I come home earlier/later than originally planned. 
  4. Are the rules for changing departure date different if I somehow get to use my frequent flyer miles?
  5. Can I somehow finagle using my frequent flyer miles (I know only to be used on round trip)
  6. What day should I leave?  How early if no one is going early with me?
And there you have it.  I've got work to do!  I need to get this done ASAP but it's not good to buy a ticket until you are absolutely sure when you are leaving.  Mostly, I've been held up by waiting to make sure I know if someone is going with me or not and to hear from the school in Seville.  I know when the class starts though so it'd probably be good for me to nail down a ticket anytime.

Nothing else to report for now.  Nala keeps waking me up at 2am, mean little thing!  So now I'm a bit tired from my 2:30am rendezvous with Nala.  Luckily she wakes me up with sweet kitty kisses on my cheek instead of with her claws.  My dad had to go to church with a big scratch on his face one time because my childhood cat had woken him up early with her claw.  Nala only licks, never scratches.

That's it for now.  Almost time to go home from work!  More later.  And hopefully I'll add some pics once I figure out how it's done!

xoxo,
Ashlita

No comments:

Post a Comment