Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fashion challenge update, Life update

Well, I certainly was overly optimistic about the weather in April.  Some years we actually get normal 60 degree weather in April.  Silly me, I thought  it'd be above 50 at least!  But no, we are experiencing 40 degree weather and even some snow in places like Everett.  Ugh!  What I'd give for a week off in a sunny place.  I'm tired of being cold!  So I've got a predicament.  I selected my new summer dress (to wear over leggings and with a sweater) as part of my 30 items as well as 3 skirts.  I've worn 1 of the skirts and plan to keep the other in my 30 as it looks kinda cool and 80s with leggings under it.  Am I allowed to swap out the black skirt I have NOT warn for a sweater?  It's freezing in Seattle and I don't foresee being able to wear the black skirt on it's own anytime soon.  It would look odd with the leggings under it I think.  I may make this adjustment to my 30 even if it is cheating because I won't get to wear the skirt till probably the very end of the month.

In other news, I have a new baby cousin!  My cousin Casey and his wife Brenna had a baby boy a few days ago.  They named him Henry.  I saw pics of the new little one on facebook.  Casey's dad and my mom are first cousins which makes Casey my second cousin, right?  It's not like I see them much, but we were all re-united over Thanksgiving to spend time with my great Auntie Evie (Casey's grandma) and then again less than 2 weeks later at her funeral.  She had terminal cancer and we had a family reunion so she could see everyone.  So, I feel more in touch with those Lewis cousins than before.  And it's nice to know I am related to a new little bundle of joy!  I just wish Auntie Evie could have made it to meet her great grandbaby.  Pop died only a few months after Cata was born and I think we're all really grateful that he at least got to meet her.  There is a priceless picture of Cata sitting in Pop's lap.  Her birth made losing both of my grandpas in the same spring a lot less painful.

So, Spain!  Well, I have been "admitida" for the cultural ambassador program that I applied for (the one where I'd be a teaching assistant).  That means I've been accepted in the sense that I'm eligible.  The "admitida" stage means all your hardcopies have been received and accepted and that you can be placed at any time.  However, it seems to be on a first come first serve basis and I applied at kind of the ultimo momento (last minute).  So, I don't really have an expectation towards getting a position.  My plan now is to wait until the end of April, when I will pretty much know for sure if I'm being given a placement or not.  If not, I'll pursue my plan of taking the TEFL/TESOL course and finding a teaching job in Spain.  The positive of my Plan B is that I could choose where I want to live.  In the cultural ambassador program, you just go where they place you.  If I did Plan B, I'm not entirely sure how finding a job would be, but one site mentioned signing on for a year or a 6 month contract.  I'd like to find something like that where I could get a more solid job.  Baby steps though, baby steps!

Finally, I have been reading a book called The Path To Love by Deepak Chopra.  It's fascinating and is making me rethink about love and relationships.  I think I've been in denial about being superficial...but then we're all superficial to a point.  I'm also becoming pretty convinced that love really is blind sometimes!  At first this book was not resonating with me but since my friend Susan felt so strongly about it, I thought I'd give it a chance for a bit longer.  So glad I did!  It's interesting to read about love from the perspective of such an intelligent, interesting, Eastern cultured man (the author is East Indian).  The Indian's concepts of meditation and spirituality are increasingly more interesting to me.  I would love to get to India someday soon.  Betsie, if you're reading this, let's go to India baby!

1 comment:

  1. There's no switching! Once the list is up, it's up. And where are those outfit photos? I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete