Monday, April 4, 2011

Fashion Challenge

The month of April is already here and with it comes a new challenge: the 30 by 30 Remix.  Megan found this on a blog she likes (http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/p/30-for-30-remixes.html) and passed it on to me.  It seems like fun and is something to try out.  I'll post pics later if I can get my act together.  We'll see.  I've got a cupcake date with Mer tonite!  So, this challenge requires you to pick 30 items in your closet (excluding undies, coats, and camis) and only wear those items for a month, creating 30 new outfits.  I'm also excluding long sleeve white and grey t-shirts because I mostly wear them under things to keep warm.  This way, you shop in your own closet and use what you have to create new outfits.  The challenge is to create the new outfits with only 30 items.  You can accessorize all you want with scarves, hats, necklaces...you name it.  I made my list of 30.  Here goes:

Tops:                                                                                     
1.  Black lace cami (it shows so it counts)                              
2. Green tank top (with white cherries on it)                                       
3.  Deep blue/purple sweater                     
4.  Black short cardigan                             
5.  Kuaii t-shirt                                                                       
6.  Husky t-shirt                                        
7.  Pink pin stripe blouse    
8.  Blue ruffled t-shirt (thanks Mom!)                                                                                        
9.  Green floral long sleeve t-shirt   
10.  3/4 sleeve pink sweater                                                      
11.  3/4 sleeve green hoodie
12.  White hoodie
13.  Blue and yellow sweatshirt

Bottoms:
1.  See Thru Soul jeans                               6.  Black leggings                
2.  Silver jeans                                             7.  Black knee length skirt
3.  Brown cords                                           8.  Pink sweater dress
4.  Skinny jeans                                           9.  Short floral skirt
5.  North Face capris                                 10. Jean skirt
                                                                  11. Tangerine floral sun dress    

Shoes:
1.  Black boots                                           4.  Black ballet flats    
2.  Black clogs                                           5.  Brown fuzzy boots
3.  Brown tennies                                       6.  Black heels (open toe)

So far this challenge has been successful.  Today I'm wearning an outfit that I never would have put together before.  I have on: jean skirt, black leggings, black boots, pin stripe blouse, and black cami.  It's a cute outfit but I'm not sure if the blouse is too long with the skirt or not.  It's actually really nice to just have a few items to pick from when I'm getting clothes out for each day instead of having my whole closet to go through.  I've decided that I may have been too optimistic about the weather and will probably be wearing leggings under my dress and skirts. 

I've decided I'm allowed to wear a nice dress on my birthday even if it's outside of my 30.  It's my birthday after all!  And I'll only wear it that night, not during the day.  I actually get that day off (company holiday for Good Friday)! 

That's it for now.  I'm antsily waiting to hear back about Spain.  I'm "admitida" which means accepted and eligible but NOT placed.  So I am pretty sure I'm waitlisted for now and don't know if I'll get a placement or not.  I may just go the TEFL/TESOL route instead.  I need to do more research into that program and get some decisions made here.  The tricky part is that I don't want to put down a deposit if it's non-refundable on the chance I end up doing the Language and Culture Assistant position I applied for.  We shall see.  I think I've decided that if I don't hear by end of April, I'll just go ahead with my Plan B.

Happy Monday!  Hope it's a good one :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment